Self Management leadership
The Self Management Leadership(SML) is a training course for executives and professionals at all levels who wish to develop their personal leadership capabilities to a higher level.
The underlying philosophy of the programme is that authentic, inspirational leadership requires a firm foundation of self knowledge and inner power that can only be acquired through a disciplined process of self-management i.e. management of one’s thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
SML is a fusion of the best modern management practices with the ancient self management principles of Raja Yoga. The programme was developed by the Brahma Kumaris in collaboration with western management development professionals and the senior management of one of India’s leading industrial groups.
The SML programme consisits workshop sessions with an accredited trainer from the organisation. Typically, the programme comprises of following sessions
Sesson 1: Vision, Mission and Values – A personal choice
This workshop session deals with the subject of clarifying my personal values and vision.
- Identifying my innate values and acquired values.
- Understanding the power and influence of my innate values on my emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
- Learning how to empower and motivate myself through the application of my innate powers
- Developing my personal vision and mission.
- Identifying the blocks and barriers to personal progress.
- Developing my personal self management plan.
Session 2: The Change Master Workshop
This workshop equips managers with the knowledge and inner powers they need to manage themselves in order to lead others through periods of turbulence.
The topics include:
- Why people resist change.
- The different approaches necessary for transformational versus transitional change.
- The inner powers necessary to deal with change.
- How to access the inner powers.
- How to change deeply entrenched attitudes, behaviors and emotional reactions.
Session 3: The Hidden Powers of Leadership
This session deals with inner powers, which are essential aspects of leadership that cannot be acquired.
The topics include
- The eight inner powers of effective leadership.
- How to maintain self esteem and fearlessness in the face of criticism and negativity.
- How to develop and sustain the charisma of an effective leader.
- How to deal with conflict and chaos with calmness and courage.
Session 4: The Inner Game of Teamwork
In any organization, successful teams are those whose members are bonded together by a subtle thread of common purpose, mutual respect, honest communication and an agreed code of behavior.
This session deals with the subtle process of building a sense of ‘community’ within the group based upon the personal example and practice of the leader
- The power and effect of the leaders’ attitude and vision of the group.
- How to restore respect and trust if it has been lost.
- How to engender open and honest communication without drowning in negativity.
- How to inspire commitment and motivation through a powerful mental attitude.